Smartphones are very popular these days. With new technology coming, people are getting more and more addicted to their smartphones. Almost every one owns a smartphone these days. But as the popularity and usage of smartphones is growing, there is increase in the malware and phishing attacks on smartphones.
Here are few ways to know virus attacks on android devices:
1. Unfamiliar Apps : In most cases malware enters any device along with apps you download. Go to settings and check for any unfamiliar installed apps. If you seen any unfamiliar app that you haven’t installed, then uninstall those apps immediately. Always download apps only form Google Play Store. Before installing check the reviews and ratings of the app.
2. Pop-ups : If you see unnecessary pop-ups or advertisements, it is because your phone has been infected with virus or malware. On clicking these pop-us or ads, it will land you to some unreliable websites or it will force you to download some other apps. So never click on unfamiliar pop-ups.
3. Draining battery: Viruses and malware uses phones cpu to infect the filesystem. When the phone is sitting idle at that time these virus will take a lot of cpu and consume lot of power to infect files. If you are facing battery draining issues then immediately go to settings and open the battery section and check which app is consuming most of the power. If that app is not genuine the uninstall that app immediately.
4. Overheating: Once virus enters your phone, the first thing the malicious code does is it consumes a lot of cpu to spread the infection. In that process sometimes it uses the entire cpu. Excessive usage of cpu leads to overheating issues. In that case you should go to settings and check for running services. If you find any unknown app’s service is running, then stop that service immediately and uninstall that app.
5. Poor Performance: Excessive cpu usage leads to poor performance of the operating system. OS will not respond to clicks and touches.
6. Automatic Internet Connection: If you feel that your mobile connects to internet automatically even you switch data off, then it can be a sign of malware attack.
How to keep your android device safe from viruses and malware?
1) Always download apps form Google Play Store : Whenever you are downloading any app make sure that you download it form Google play store. Before downloading check the ratings and reviews.
2) Install antivirus security app : Always keep any one good antivirus app in you device installed. Prefer those antivirus apps which scans every app for any malicious content.
3) Update Android to latest security patch : Updating your OS to latest security level is the best way to protect the OS kernel files from external threats.
4) Avoid clicking pop-ups or unverified links while browsing : In most cases virus or malware enters any device when the user click on unverified or malicious links while browsing. So never click on any suspicious links.
If you follow these above mentioned safe practices and detecting these symptoms early, you can keep your android device safe from viruses and malware.